Thursday, June 7, 2012

Lynn Canyon Park Suspension Bridge

I have been working trying to learn all my responsibilities and how to do them.  Some of them I'm getting, and some (such as excel) are trying my patience.  I think Pam emailed some of the things to her daughter, Marcie, to figure out and return.  Maybe I should send it to Marcie, too.  Oh, well, I guess I'll figure out something.  Jay seems to be doing pretty well with his business experience, but he has had his challenges.

On Saturday, May 28 we went with Pam and Jay, Marcie, Kristie, and Jeff to the Lynn Canyon Suspension Bridge in North Vancouver.  We were able to take the mission van so we could all ride together.  It was so beautiful there I felt like I was truly in paradise--tall straight pine trees pointing to the sky with all kinds of shrubs and plants in so many different shades and sizes of green.  Jay and I hiked up a trail with Jeff, and we even kept up with him.  Jay Lewis refuses to even cross the bridge--he has some kind of phobia about heights.  It didn't bother me even though it was swaying a bit.  I could have stayed there for just marveling for a long time.

We ate there and then went on to Gastown, which was an early settlement by the water.  Jay was fascinated by the steam clock and the statue of Gassy.  Jay Lewis waited patiently (or not) on a bench while the rest of us shopped.  I bought a couple of key chains for my house and office keys and a Inukshuk.  An inukshuk is roughly a pile of rocks shaped somewhat like a person pointing the direction to take.  The Native Americans here are called First Nation, and it was used by them.  It was also the symbol of the Vancouver Olympics.

This is Gassy Jack (big deal, eh)


This area is very culturally deverse as we have said.








I took this from a helicopter ride we went on (just kidding).   But Vancouver is a beautiful city.


Just to show you that we are by the water

2 comments:

Angela said...

I looks beautiful there! The clock looks really cool too. :)

Rachel said...

Now I want to go on that hike to the suspension bridge too! How beautiful! I agree about that clock, I love clocks! My kids LOVED seeing the pictures.