Sunday, July 1, 2012

Steveston Village

We try to get out and walk almost everyday, since we spend so much time in the mission office.  Steveston Village is probably our favorite place to walk.  We love the water and the fishing boats, the boardwalk and the docks.  The fishermen bring their boats up to the dock and sell the fish right out of their boats.  There is even a boat that we see docked in the evening called the Velma C!

This is one of the shopping and restaurant areas.



With all the attractive Asian people around we managed to catch two old white guys.  Anyway, this is a very interesting place.



This looks like the last fish of the day.  The sign says: Wild Salmon Don't Do Drugs and Say NO to Farmed Salmon.




They do have whale watching at a few places nearby.   We haven't been to one yet.


At the end of the tourist spots there is this peaceful residential area.

We love the birds, especially when they stand on one leg on the pier posts.  We love the colorful shops and eating places.  We especially love the smell of fish and chips that seems to prevade the whole area.  When you come to visit we'll take you to Dave's Fish and Chips here in Steveston.  It is the best.  I never eat fish and chips, but these were sooo good.

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow, it looks really beautiful there. I don't love fish either, but I think I'd like to try it there. ;)

If you want, I can adjust the width of your blog so your extra large pictures can fit. I did it on my blog, if you want to see what I mean.

Rachel said...

It looks so intriguing there! I am SO hoping we can make it up to see you there. I wish I could come walking with you right now :)