We haven't sent a blog for some time so we are sending you pictures from some of our lates trips and visits. We have sent pictures from Lynn Canyon suspension bridge, but we went back with the Joneses a few weeks ago and took a fairly lengthy hike and took a lot of pictures. Elder Jones is really into photography so he and I take pictures and the Sisters talk a lot. These were taken on July 7th.
On July 28th We went to Burnaby which was one of the early settlements here in British Columbia. There was a pioneer village which reminded me a lot of Nauvoo with a blacksmith, early printing press, general store, dentist, etc. It was near a lake so there was a lot of nice scenery as well.
These are our senior missionies - minus the one taking the picture
These next pictures are taken in a pioneer village in Burnaby which was settled some time in the nineteenth century (I'm not too much into history) it reminds me a lot of old Nauvoo with a blacksmith, printing press, old stores and house, etc, etc. I thought the carousel was cool.
After our visit to Burnaby we hurried back to the park by our church where Daisy and Maria were having a picnic prior to there baptism. You can see who Daisy and Maria are, but at the picnic they had balut, which is fertilized duck eggs. The Elders all had to show how tough they are by eating one. As you will see they all didn't have such an easy time of getting it down. They said it tastes ok, but it is just the thought of it.
On July 14th we went with the Joneses again to Stanley Park where we had been before, but not to the aquarium. I am just going to put in a few pictures which I like. I thought the porpoise show was as good as San Diego.
Last Saturday August 11th we went to Grouse Mountain which is quite a famous place. This is where they had the skiing event for the olympics. It is a great tourest spot in the summer. We rode the gondola and ski lift. It goes to an elevation of 4,100 feet, which doesn't sound like much to us but we started at 0. So that is quite a climb. We saw a bear exibit - they are not trained, just in their natural surroundings, and a bird show which was cool since I was able to get so close. There was a lumberjack show and competition which was very entertaining. At the top of the mountain is a giant windmill. The arms are like 130 feet long. It supplies the electricity for the entire place. I estimate that for the money they save from buying electricity they will recoup the cost of building it in about 500 years. Just kidding (maybe) It wasn't even moving the day we were there. But it is a great tourist draw and they make money from that. We spent about $100 to get the all day pass. There is a pod at the top that you can take an elevator up to.
This bear actually throws this stick
Unfortunately it was a hazy day so I didn't get any great pictures of Vancouver from up there.
We have talked a lot about the baptisms so I will show you (above) the baptism of Daisy and Maria. From left to right it is Elder Holt who is still here and an AP, Maria and Daisy, Elder Ramaka who is from New Zealand and has gone home, Elder Kearl who has gone home. They were both APs. Then there is a picture of our two sweet little Chinese Sisters, Sister Tiu and Sister Liu with their cute 11 year old Sylvia at her baptism. I wish you could have heard here bear her testimony in Chinese and English. She was so cute.
And now I will show you where we spend out days in the office.
We love you all !!































4 comments:
Great pictures. I especially love the one of the jelly fish. Really cool! It's so fun to see what you guys are doing. Love you guys!!!
The pictures are great. It makes it so much easier to visualize what you are doing. It's also nice to put some faces with the names you've been talking about. Thanks for your hours of work. It was worth it.
Thanks for sharing, it is great to put faces with the names. The pictures are beautiful too. I've seen the one of you two by the river before, I think it's my favorite. :)
Absolutley worth it! Love the pictures!!
Post a Comment